Account Management Playbook
This playbook provides the framework to develop a standardized Account Management strategy for your firm. As you go through this playbook you will capture, codify, and institutionalize the best practice behaviors of top performers. Having an Account Management strategy will enable you to create repeatable and scalable processes to drive predictable revenue and build stronger relationships.
Account management can also reduce the risk of employee turnover, increase your team productivity and help consolidate disparate and decentralized sales, marketing, and account management information in one place.
This Account Management Playbook defines and illustrates the best way to nurture, develop, and grow your most important clients. The result of completing this playbook will be a thorough Account Management strategy that you can implement immediately.
Time to Complete:
Building Block of Growth:
Other Related Enablers of Growth:
- Sales Tools
- Messaging Frameworks
- Marketing Collateral & Content
Number of Pages:
An Account Management strategy requires a significant amount of resources from both a time and commitment perspective.
This score is based on the positive impact that Account Management can have on your business and the modest, cross-functional effort that is needed to do it.
Tool Video Preview
WHAT A PLAYBOOK IS
- A systematic approach of how to cultivate and grow relationships with your most important clients
- A collection of best practices and strategies for successful and high performing account managers
- A living breathing working document that is designed to be continually updated
WHAT A PLAYBOOK IS NOT
- A substitute for training and coaching
- A playbook only for Account Management reps that are not meeting their quotas – our experience is that the highest performing reps are the biggest consumers of the information – and continue to add to and develop it
- Something that is put on a shelf and not looked at again
HOW TO USE THIS PLAYBOOK
- Use it to prepare for important calls
- If you are having challenges moving someone through the sales funnel, look for tips and strategies in the relevant stage of the funnel
- Continue to add to it, take notes and share them with your colleagues