Building A Business Model Canvas
The Business Model Canvas is well researched and is used by over 5 million firms, including some Fortune 500 companies. Innovation is disruptive. But, not every business is prepared for disruption. Without a plan, pivoting is next to impossible. The Business Model Canvas quickly gives you a 10,000-foot view of your business.
Stripping away the 40+ pages of “stuff” in a traditional business plan, it allows you to see your entire business model on one page. It acts as your “North Star” as you begin to shift your organization and implement marketing plans
- Given its simplicity it allows you to tweak the model much easier
- Your team will have a much easier time understanding your business model and strategy
Time to Complete:
Building Block of Growth:
Other Related Enablers of Growth:
- Vision and goals
- Business plan
Number of Pages:
An effective business model canvas describes how you create, deliver, and capture value on one page.
Given the business model canvas is only one page it is fairly easy to complete. The value of thinking through each of the 9 blocks is critical for any B2B firm.
Tool Video Preview
WHY USE THIS PLAYBOOK
Business Model Canvas is a proven strategic management and lean start-up template for building new business models or documenting existing models for refinement.
The model visually describes a firm’s Value Proposition, Competitive Environment, Customers and Finances in order that they can be refined, and internal staff are effectively aligned.
WHO IS THIS PLAYBOOK FOR
- Start-up businesses looking to get off to a strong start
- Established business looking to improve the focus and clarity of objectives and execution
- B2B firms that want to develop a plan to align internal teams to a coherent strategy
- Companies that are weighing different investment opportunities or acquisitions
HOW TO USE THIS PLAYBOOK
This Playbook outlines how to plan, develop, execute and optimize your company’s Business Model Canvas.
It can be used to create a step-by-step model for creating your Canvas, and optimizing it through review and refinement and sharing with colleagues.