Did you know more than 200 million businesses are using Instagram for their business growth? It is a powerful social media platform that can help you reach your target audience. However, many B2B marketers still think that Instagram is only for B2C businesses. As a result, they are missing out on countless opportunities. If you think the same or you are still not putting effort into incorporating Instagram into your B2B marketing strategies, this post is for you. Continue reading to learn how Instagram can take your business to the next level.
Why Should B2B Businesses Be on Instagram?
B2B companies should consider being on Instagram because it provides an opportunity to establish themselves as a thought leader in the industry. Here are the top benefits of using Instagram for B2B marketing –
- ● Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms that can help B2B companies increase their visibility and reach a wider audience.
- ● This social media platform provides an opportunity to showcase your brand and personality through visual content. You can share behind-the-scenes photos, company culture, and other engaging content to build a loyal following.
- ● Instagram can be a powerful lead generation tool for B2B companies. You can build effective strategies to attract potential customers and generate leads.
- ● Instagram provides an opportunity for B2B companies to engage with their clients. You can use this platform to show that you value your clients and are committed to providing excellent service.
- ● B2B businesses including Instagram in their business plan can gain a competitive advantage by reaching a wider audience.
Important Instagram Statistics for B2B Marketers
Important Instagram statistics from sources that B2B marketers should know are –
- ● There are over 2 billion active Instagram users.
- ● 68% of people take interest in a brand or product after viewing an Instagram story.
- ● 90% of people follow a business’s account on Instagram.
- ● 60% of Instagram users discover new products or services on Instagram.
- ● Over 200 million Instagram users visit at least one business profile daily.
- ● 7 out of 10 Instagram hashtags are branded hashtags.
- ● 65% of top-performing Instagram posts feature a brand.
- ● Nearly 66% of business profile visits come from non-followers.
Instagram Strategies for B2B Businesses
Now that you know marketing a B2B brand on Instagram is beneficial and helps drive traffic, leads, and conversions, the next question is how? Here we will share some important B2B Instagram strategies –
- ● Optimize Your Instagram Profile
The first step to a successful Instagram marketing strategy is to ensure that your profile is optimized for maximum visibility. You can start by creating a compelling bio that highlights your brand’s unique value proposition, using a high-resolution profile picture, and adding a link to your website or landing page.
- ● Set Your Goals
When you decide to use Instagram, set realistic expectations so that you can plan your strategy accordingly. Your business goal can be – increasing brand awareness, generating leads, or promoting a new product launch. Create an effective content strategy that aligns with your business objectives.
- ● Create Unique and Authentic Content
Creating unique and authentic content is key to standing out on Instagram. Share industry-specific news, tips, and trends that are relevant to your audience. In addition, be sure to use high-quality images and videos to showcase your brand’s personality and values.
- ● User-Generated Content
User-generated content (UGC) from the audience is a win-win. It is an effective way to build social proof and increase engagement on Instagram. You should encourage your followers to share their experiences with your brand by using a branded hashtag.
- ● Quality Over Quantity
Posting frequently on Instagram is important to get desired results. You should create a content calendar and post regularly at optimal times to ensure maximum visibility. However, quality content should always be your priority. It’s better to post less often but with high-quality content that resonates with your audience.
- ● Use Specific Hashtags
Using specific hashtags related to your industry and niche can help your content reach a wider audience. Research relevant hashtags and use them strategically in your posts. Choosing hashtags is like choosing SEO keywords. You can use relevant and trending hashtags on your content or start your own hashtags.
- ● Instagram Stories
Instagram Stories are a great way to showcase behind-the-scenes content, promotions, and exclusive offers. You can also use interactive features like polls, quizzes, and countdowns to engage with your audience. Although they are visible only for 24 hours you can highlight important stories in your profile.
- ● Instagram Ads
Instagram Ads can be a highly effective way to reach your target audience and generate leads. It helps move followers through the funnel. You can also use targeting options like location, demographics, and interests to create highly targeted ads that resonate with your audience.
The Final Word
Instagram has emerged as a powerful social media platform for businesses to showcase their brand and connect with potential clients. While it is predominantly associated with B2C marketing, B2B businesses can also leverage Instagram to establish their brand and generate leads.
You can follow the tips shared in this post to make the most out of Instagram marketing. If you need professional guidance to build a successful strategy, you can also reach out to the B2B consultants at Company Expert. Our skilled and experienced team can help drive your sales through advertising, social media, influencer strategies, and 500+ researched and tested growth hacks for professional service firms. Visit our website for more information.
You May Also Like:
Top 5 B2B Prospecting Methods to Boost Your Sales
Mastering the B2B Sales: Essential Tips and Strategies for Successful B2B Selling
YouTube Marketing Best Practices for B2B Businesses
A Complete Guide to Search Engine Optimization in B2B Marketing