“A good piece of content never gets old if we know how to find the ‘new’ out of it, every time!” – Robert Duke.
Content marketing is the secret weapon B2B marketers use to engage the industry, generate leads, and close deals. As a result, incorporating content marketing in B2B marketing strategies is crucial because of the real results it delivers. But content is not an ad; it is an informative and relevant piece that is valuable for the marketers and the prospective and current customers.
In recent times, digital channels have played an important role in a buyer’s journey, and good marketing is all about good content. 90% of B2B buyers admit that content plays a vital role in their decision-making. But unfortunately, 22% of B2B marketers still don’t incorporate content marketing in their strategy. This is because they face challenges in producing good and relevant content.
Content marketing is not about creating content every day. It is about getting the best content in front of people. So, when B2B marketers understand the magic of content repurposing, they can make the most of content marketing. It can take your content strategy from good to great. When we hear the term content, many people assume it to be a blog post or article. But content can take many forms. It can be a downloadable white paper, an image, a video, or a social media post.
So, in this blog post, we’ll share how B2B marketers can get more mileage out of B2B content with the help of content repurposing. Scroll down to learn how you can give fresh life to your content.
What is B2B Content Repurposing?
Creating relevant and compelling content takes hours of research, time, money, and effort. So, why use the content only once? With content repurposing, you can use already existing content in multiple formats. You can transform a video into a blog or a blog into an infographic. Content repurposing is simply taking a single piece of content and recreating it in different formats.
Creating and sharing high-quality content is not easy, but it is important to boost a B2B business plan and marketing strategy. However, you don’t need to run on the content writing treadmill. Content repurposing can keep your editorial calendar full, saving you time and money. So, work with an audience-first mindset and stretch your content resources further with content repurposing.
Refreshing vs. Repurposing Content: Know the Difference
Before we learn more about content repurposing, B2B marketers must know about the thin transparent line that differentiates content repurposing from content refreshing. Unfortunately, many B2B marketers confuse the two, resulting in a costly mistake. Though both tactics are beneficial for content marketing, knowing the difference is a must because they serve different purposes.
Content refreshing is all about editing the existing content. It means the content is updated, but the intent and format of the content remain the same. This can involve updating the statistics or facts to provide the most recent information to the readers. On the other hand, with content repurposing, the format is updated, and the purpose is altered to reach a broader or different target audience. For example – transforming a presentation into a video or blog post.
Top Benefits of B2B Content Repurposing
According to a report, B2B marketers spend an average of 33 hours a week in creating new content. It is a complex and time-consuming process. However, B2B playbook products can make the task easier.
When B2B marketing teams create a content piece from scratch, it involves conceptualizing, researching, creating, reviewing, publishing, and distributing. So, repurposing B2B content maximizes the impact of a single piece of content. Let’s learn about the benefits of content repurposing.
- Reach More Prospects – Some people love reading while others are attracted to visual content. Most people have short attention spans or are too busy to read a long article, while some find longer articles reliable. So, let’s face it, people consume information in different ways. No matter how hard we try, a single piece of content may not work for everyone. Content repurposing helps reach more prospects and customers across different mediums.
- Support SEO –When you cover a topic from multiple angles, it helps improve the SEO. So having a complete library with videos, blogs, and infographics signals to search algorithms that your site is a valuable source of information. Remember, Google likes quality content, so content repurposing attracts search traffic.
- Multi-Channel Marketing– In the competitive world of B2B marketing, the importance of multi-channel marketing for lead generation is undeniable. Expanding one idea into several content pieces is an easy and effective idea to maximize multi-channel marketing. For example – if you have a blog post, you can also make an infographic or a slideshow. You can then use the important parts of the blog to create an engaging social media post.
- Increase Value and Life of Content – We are all aware that thousands of content pieces are being published daily. Once the audience reads them, they become stale. But you can share the same content in a completely new way through a different medium, and the same audience may find it interesting. So, content repurposing helps squeeze every bit of juice out of the content and expands the reach.
- Brand Credibility – Repetition is undoubtedly a key tactic in marketing, but people easily get tired of hearing and seeing the same things repeatedly. Content repurposing is a great idea to deliver the same message differently and sustain it for a considerable amount of time. It helps increase recall, authority, and credibility in the B2B market.
Tips to Repurpose B2B Digital Content
Now that we know all about content repurposing and its benefits, it’s time to get familiar with a few methods to repurpose content. Though it depends on business planning for B2B companies, the firm’s business goals, and the target audience’s nature, a few general tips may be helpful for everyone. So, here are four remarkable ways to repurpose content.
- Quora Q&A into the Blog Posts
Finding the right title for a blog post can be a daunting task. So, try finding a relevant question on Quora aligned with your business and write a blog post about it. nsure you choose a question with several upvotes and answer it as industry experts. It will help you get valuable traffic on your website composed of people looking for the answers.
- Slideshows, E-books into Infographics
Visual information is catchy and can easily captivate your target audience’s attention. The decision-makers of the B2B firms are humans, and we all know that human beings are visual learners. So, it’s a good idea to transform slideshows or e-books into infographics. It can help show data and text in distinct sections, making it easier for potential clients to understand the key message of the content.
- Transform Webinar Recordings into Useful Content
Webinars have gained immense popularity in recent times. You can record a webinar to stretch its usefulness beyond the event. This is a great way to provide expert insight and new information to the target audience. You can offer it as a gated download or post it on social media. You can also use it as a blog post with additional research and insight.
- Create Audio Content from Blogs
Many people don’t have enough time to read your blog posts. So, you can create audio content from the blog content. Then, you can either share the audio file with the blog post or share it as a podcast episode. It is a great strategy to attract people who prefer listening rather than reading plain text.
How Can Company Expert Help in Content Repurposing?
Repurposing existing content improves website SEO and increases the reach of your content. However, it does not mean you should stop creating new content. Rather, content repurposing is a great way to maximize the resources involved in content creation and keep up with the changing preferences of B2B buyers.
Content repurposing helps save time and money and expands your reach. But, you should know how to do it right in order to reap the maximum benefits. A strong content repurposing plan is important to strengthen your content marketing to win clients. So, when you want to alter one piece of B2B content to make other pieces of content, you can use Company Expert’s B2B content repurposing marketing framework. It provides the framework for content repurposing and addresses common questions like how to plan, develop, and optimize existing content. So, partner with us to help your B2B firm increase utility value, while reducing the cost of producing content.