According to a report, around 80% of businesses see growth in their sales after including personalization in their strategy. But unfortunately, most B2B marketers don’t take advantage of personalization. If you are one of them, it’s time to enhance your B2B marketing strategies. In 2022, you should understand the importance of personalization.
Gone are the days when B2B marketing had the reputation of being impersonal. Now, with emerging technologies and digital marketing, B2B marketing can be as personal as B2C marketing. As a B2B marketer, you sell products/services to businesses. But, the decision-makers of those businesses are humans. So, a personal touch is important in order to improve your B2B marketing results.
When it comes to personalization, it’s not only about adding a name to an email. Your potential B2B client is already getting several emails and ads. If you want to sell to someone, tailor your message according to their needs and interests. In this blog post, we’ll share more about B2B marketing personalization and its importance. So, here’s how your B2B firm can make the most of B2B personalization.
What is B2B Personalization?
B2B personalization is creating a specific offer based on data to suit the requirements of a particular customer or segment. It is about delivering the right content to the right person at the right time. With the right B2B marketing frameworks and personalization, a marketing team can target their customers with relevant content. In addition, it also helps increase customer loyalty and the number of customers and reduces the cost of marketing.
The two types of B2B personalization are:
- Behavioral Personalization
This involves the use of customer data to identify the patterns of buying habits and preferences. Once you know the expectations and behavior of your prospective clients, you can share personalized messages through targeted offers, campaigns, and promotions.
- Contextual Personalization
This involves making marketing content more relevant to a user at a specific time in a specific place. B2B marketers can use the data about user context like location and demographic variables, and combine it with the behavioral data to plan a strategy. This can help determine a user’s psychographic profile to create more relevant content.
Why Does Personalization Matter in B2B Business?
Around 92% of marketers say that prospects expect a personalized experience. As a result, the B2B firm that delivers on those expectations enjoys millions more dollars in the sales pipeline and higher close and conversion rates. Continue reading to learn the top benefits of B2B personalization.
- Improved Sales Efficiency
Incorporating the sales playbook and B2B personalization helps the sales team get the data they need to target high-value prospects. It enables them to spend time and resources on qualified leads rather than making cold calls. Also, personalization makes people feel good, which increases the chances of customers investing in the products or services. Therefore, B2B personalization helps increase sales and conversion rate.
- Shortened Buying Cycle
The longer B2B buying cycle is a common B2B sales challenge. Sometimes, turning a prospect into a client may take a year or more. Personalization helps reduce the buying cycle as it focuses on the unique needs of each prospect. It helps deliver hyper-relevant content, products, recommendations, and reviews. In addition, when you care about your customer’s needs, it improves the brand image.
- Lead Nurturing
The set of marketing strategies that the sales and marketing team uses to convert a lead into a buyer is known as lead nurturing. When a B2B firm knows what a prospect wants, the marketing and sales teams personalize their experience, increasing the chances of converting them into customers. The prospects feel that the business understands their needs, and it helps the sales and marketing team push those leads down the pipeline.
Top Ways to Personalize Your B2B Marketing Campaigns
Now that you know how personalization can accelerate the growth of your B2B firm, it’s time to talk about its benefits. A robust and strategic approach is important to remain competitive in a crowded B2B marketplace. Most B2B sales and marketing agencies understand the power of B2B personalization, but they fail to make it happen. But, fret not! Here’s how you can bring your B2B firm’s personalized campaigns to life.
- Website Content – A website plays a vital role in the first impression of a business. Visitors decide whether to leave or learn more about a business based on their site experience. So, it is important to personalize the website content to keep prospects for longer and convince them to engage. A few important tips that may help in website content personalization include:
- Write a personalized call to action that addresses the prospect’s needs.
- Determine the category your content fits under, like segment-specific, persona specific, stage-specific, account-specific, or lead-specific.
- You can repurpose existing content to make it suitable for website visitors.
- Use automation or personalization software to show content based on individual demographics, interests, and history.
- Chat – Integrating the live chat feature in a website is important to increase conversation, conversions, and customer retention. According to the statistics, 51% of consumers stay with or buy again from companies that offer live chat. Live chats help build a stronger connection, enable real conversations, and achieve better results. Whether you want to offer immediate assistance, access to useful resources and content, or address a lead’s needs, live chat is an effective and efficient feature.
- Email Marketing – Various methods like one-to-one email personalization increase transaction rates, revenue, and ROI. According to the statistics, over 50% of business recipients receive B2B marketing emails that are useless to them. Examining the business customer personas can help avoid sending irrelevant information to people. Apart from including the recipient’s first name, here are a few ways to make emails more personal.
- Use words like “now” to add a sense of urgency to their pain points.
- Add words like “you” and “your” to make them feel like you are talking directly to them.
- The last tip is to use “free” or “new” in the emails as it may attract prospects. Businesses always look for new and interesting offers.
- Social Media – The social media platforms like Facebook and LinkedIn help B2B firms gather data they can use for smarter targeting. It helps firms understand when to reach out with personalized offers. Another way to use social media for B2B personalization is to humanize the brand. Participating or starting a conversation on trending topics with businesses on Facebook or LinkedIn groups helps prove expertise in the field.
Take Your Marketing Strategy to the Next Level with Company Expert
A personalized B2B marketing approach results in faster conversions and stronger prospect relationships. So, if you are distributing the same marketing copy to all your prospects, you might lose some of them to your competitors who are executing personalized marketing. The one-size-fits-all formula does not work in B2B marketing. B2B marketers need to involve smarter targeting to deliver faster and more relevant experiences to prospects.
So, use the information shared in this post to make your products and services more appealing to your leads. You can also get the assistance of a B2B consulting firm like Company Expert to make your marketing campaigns more personable.
Our highly specialized consulting team is focused on helping B2B firms develop and implement breakout growth strategies that drive real results. We can help you find the best prospects and differentiate you from your competitors. Partner with Company Experts to create an effective marketing system for a sustainable and repeatable path to growth!